Prior to joining OBWB, Lukas held a number of research positions at the University of Hawaii and at the College of Charleston. His extensive insight in astronomy and astrophysics makes him an expert in these fields. In addition to leading educational activies and serving in an advisory capacity, Lukas has also authored a number of publications on these topics.
Select Publications & Presentations
- Euclid Preparation: Cosmic Dawn Survey. Catalog Release DR1 Zalesky, L., Sanders, D., et al. A&A in prep.
- Euclid Preparation: The Cosmic Dawn Survey of the Euclid Deep and Auxilliary Fields McPartland, C., Zalesky, L., Sanders, D., et al. A&A in prep.
- The Farmer: A reproducible, profile-ftting photometry pipeline Weaver, J., Zalesky, L., et al. ApJ submitted.
- A Machine-learning Approach to Predict Missing Flux Densities in Multiband Galaxy Surveys Chartab, N., Mobasher, B., Cooray, A., ..., Zalesky, L. et al. 2023 ApJ 942, 91
- Euclid Preparation: Cosmic Dawn Survey. Spitzer Observations of the Euclid deep fields and calibration fields
- Euclid collaboration, ..., Zalesky, L., et al. 2022 A&A 658, A126. COSMOS2020: A panchromatic view of the Universe to z 10 from two complementary catalogs Weaver, J., Kaumann, O., Ilbert, O., ..., Zalesky, L., et al. ApJS 258, 11
- An Extreme Case of Galaxy and Cluster Co-Evolution at z = 0:7 Ebeling, H., Richard, J., Smail, I., Koekemoer, A., Zalesky, L. 2021 MNRAS 508, 3363
- AStroLens: Automatic Strong Lens-Modeling of X-ray Selected Galaxy Clusters Zalesky, L. and Ebeling, H. 2020 MNRAS 498, 1121
- Measuring the Innermost Stable Circular Orbit of Supermassive Black Holes Chartas, G., Krawczynski, H., Zalesky, L. 2017 ApJ, 837, 26 Conferences
- M.S., Astronomy, Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2020
- B.S., Astrophysics with minor in Mathematics, College of Charleston, Honors College, South Carolina, Suma Cum Laude, 2018