Previous experience includes the development of algorithms and codes for seismic signal processing and for numerical simulations of wave propagation at the Institut Français des Sciences et Technologies des Transports, de l'Aménagement et des Réseaux (IFSTTAR). She has also done theoretical work on characterizing dispersive waves, including interpretation of geophysical measurements and estimation of damping in geomaterials.
Dr. Meza is the author/co-author of more than 20 scientific publications and she is in the Editorial Board of the journal Earthquakes & Structures.
Awards & Honors
- Prize to the best Poster « Science de l’Ingénieur » at the 10ème Colloque de l’Association Française du Génie Parasismique, AFPS (2019)
- Research scholarship Erasmus Mundus (2016)
- Ph.D. scholarship. University of Pavia, Italy (2004 – 2007)
- FULBRIGHT scholarship. United States (2002 – 2004)
- Academic excellence. UNAH. Honduras (1999)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Groupe de travail AFPS (2021) –Mouvements sismiques pour l'ingénieur (Seismic ground motion for Engineers)
- M.Sc., Structural Engineering, The State University of New York at Buffalo, 2004
- Ph.D., Earthquake Engineering, University of Pavia, Italy, 2008
- Civil Engineering Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH), 2000