Kevin Kuelbs is the lead partner for the Boulder, Colorado office of Osha Bergman Watanabe & Burton (OBWB).
Kevin’s practice covers a variety of technology areas including next-generation telecommunications, enterprise storage systems, automotive control systems, embedded computing, and human-machine interfaces. In this regard, Mr. Kuelbs’ experience includes drafting and prosecuting foreign and domestic patent applications, presenting oral arguments before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board (PTAB), drafting claim charts for Inter Partes Review (IPR) proceedings, drafting invalidity opinions, and performing diligence activities for portfolios of interest. In addition, Mr. Kuelbs has extensive experience in the acquisition of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs).
Locally, Kevin participates in economic growth initiatives in the state of Colorado, empowering small and medium businesses to bring emerging technologies to market.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kuelbs worked as a hardware and software engineer at Hewlett-Packard, where he led a diagnostics validation lab that collaborated globally with team members, stakeholders, and vendors.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Colorado State Bar
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2016
- Rice University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2007
- Implications of Applicant Admitted Prior Art in Inter Partes Review Proceedings
- Patent Title Is Intrinsic Evidence for Claim Interpretation
- The Jury Is "In" On Standard Essentiality
- Supreme Court Update: Government Agencies Is Not a "Person" That May Initiate Post-Grant Proceedings
- Certifying Priority Electronically: Updates to the USPTO's PDX Program