- French (Native)
Christophe Besnard has more than fifteen years of experience in both patent prosecution and litigation. His litigation background is highly valuable for helping companies to obtain patents that will withstand the scrutiny of European Judges.
Being based in the Paris office, Mr. Besnard advises non-European companies in European proceedings. He also handles international patent portfolios for established French companies, while helping young innovative companies to define IP strategies aligned with their objectives.
As an engineer, he has a diverse technical knowledge in mechanics and electronics, including expertise in consumer electronics, automotive, aeronautical and aerospace industries, medical devices, microfluidics, alternative energy, packaging and childcare articles.
- French Patent Attorney (Conseil en propriété industrielle, mention brevets d’invention), 2006
- European Patent Attorney, 2006
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Institute of French IP Attorneys (CNCPI)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES), France
- CEIPI, University of Strasbourg, France, LL.M., Intellectual Property Law and Management, 2014
- CEIPI, University of Strasbourg, France, Postgraduate Diploma: Patent Litigation in Europe, 2011
- CEIPI, University of Strasbourg, France, Postgraduate Diploma: Patents, Trademarks & Designs, 2002
- University of Burgundy, France, Master’s degree in Engineering, 2001
- European Trade Secrets Policy Moving Forward
- Impact of Brexit on Pan European Design and Trademark Rights
SELECTED PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Salons professionnels aux États-Unis : le risque de T.R.O.“, co-author, Revue Francophone de la Propriété Intellectuelle, December 2016
- “Where to Challenge Patents? Post Grant Proceedings before the USPTO, EPO, SIPO and JPO”, Co-presenter, Practicing Law Institute (PLI), September 2015