- U.S. Patent Agent
Dr. Alec Sobany prosecutes foreign and domestic patents. Dr. Sobany’s deep knowledge about U.S. patent law and broad technical knowledge helps clients to protect their inventions. Dr. Sobany is a professional electrical engineer with experience in academic and industrial research in electrical engineering, nanotechnology, device fabrication, optics, nanophotonics, and spectroscopy.
Prior to joining Osha Bergman Watanabe & Burton LLP (OBWB), Dr. Sobany worked as an R&D scientist at Cree Inc., which is a pioneer in developing and manufacturing blue/white LEDs, power electronics, and RF devices.
- Rice University, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, 2016
- Rice University, M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, 2014
- First-author, “Narrowband Photodetection in the Near-infrared with a Plasmon-induced Hot Electron Device.” Nature communications. (2013)
- Co-author, “Embedding Plasmonic Nanostructure Diodes Enhances Hot Electron Emission.” Nano letters. (2013)
- First-author, “Enhancing the Photocurrent and Photoluminescence of Single Crystal Monolayer MoS2 with Resonant Plasmonic Nanoshells.” Applied Physics Letters. (2014)
- First-author, “Pronounced Linewidth Narrowing of an Aluminum Nanoparticle Plasmon Resonance by Interaction with an Aluminum Metallic Film.” Nano letters (2015)
- Co-author, “Substrate-mediated Charge Transfer Plasmons in Simple and Complex Nanoparticle Clusters. (2013)
- Co-author, “Towards UltraThin Layered Photodetectors and Photovoltaic Devices.” Advanced Materials. (2014)
- Co-author, “Layer engineering of 2D semiconductor junctions.” Advanced Materials. (2016)
- Co-author, “Imaging Through Plasmonic Nanoparticles.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. (2016)
- Co-author, “Absorption-induced Image Resolution Enhancement in Scattering Media.” ACS Photonics. (2016)
- Co-author, “Combining Plasmonic Hot Carrier Generation with Free Carrier Absorption for High-performance Near-infrared Silicon-based Photodetection.” ACS Photonics 5. (2018)